Cheap Finds: Maternity & baby necessities

Buying baby clothes can be quite tricky. You'd think that it's only around PhP500 per piece, but then you'd realize it's too pricey for just a little piece of fabric!

So, I made an inventory/shopping list to avoid overspending.
I made a separate list for the wants & the needs.

Still quite nervous though...

I tend to unleash the shopaholic in me whenever I'm inside a mall. LOL!




First, I went to Tabora-Divisoria a few days ago for most of the baby necessities.
Keep in mind though that the rainy season is here! So best to go here with 1 or 2 people with you. 

I more or less made a budget of PhP2000 (43USD) for this shopping trip to Tabora-Divisoria.
But I only spent PhP1,550 (33USD)! So here are the stuff that are included in my PhP1,550 spending...


So I got 3 dozens of diaper cloths (lampin)! THREE DOZENS!!!
If you buy 3 dozens of these from a department store, it can cost you thrice the price for the same quality!

My sister-in-law kept 2 more dozens of diaper cloths. So hooray for more hand-me-downs! Hehe




Included in the PhP1,550 that I spent, I also got 6 pieces of pure cotton Kimono tops, 3 pairs of mittens, & half a dozen of baby belly binder (bigkis). 

I only got a few since my ever so thoughtful sister-in-law kept a lot of my nephew's plain & white kimono tops, mittens, and socks. And all of them still look brand new!
So, never hesitate to ask for some hand-me-downs since your baby will outgrow these pieces quickly!

By the way, did I mention that all of these are made from pure cotton?!



I also got two hooded cotton receiving blankets & a large rubber mat for when I change my baby girl's diaper. Hihi

And now for the part of spoiling my baby girl a bit... 

SM Megamall has a mid-year clearance sale -- started from July 5 and will run until this Sunday or until supply lasts.
So, head to SM Megamall now before the sale ends & before supply runs out!!!
I usually keep myself updated with major sales so that I could get great deals and/or promos around the shops.

So H&M has this promo called "3 for 2". 
It's basically buy 2 get one free.

So I took advantage of buying the sets!!!

I got a total of 6 onesies. 
A 2-pack onesies costs from PhP499-699 (11-15USD). 
I got 2 sets of 2-pack onesies that cost PhP699 each, and got the other set for free!
So for my baby girl, I got her a total of 4pieces & 2pieces of onesies for my nephew for a little pasalubong :)

I bought larger sizes like 6-9 and 9-12 months since I know babies can outgrow clothes quickly. 
So take note of this, mommies! ;)

Also, I bought a 2-piece set from H&M that only costs PhP300! From PhP899 (20USD) to PhP300 (6.50USD)! 
Now that's definitely a good deal



I also bought 2 dresses from SM Megamall's department store.



I bought this dainty & peach dress from Enfant for PhP789. 
I know it's a little pricey, but I was thinking of using it as a possible 2nd outfit for my baby girl's Christening or for a special occasion. 



Lastly, I bought this classic & denim shirt dress. This one is a little bigger -- size 18mos.
Of course, I don't intend to use it immediately. HAHAHA.
I want to have a few things on stock so I don't have to worry a lot later on. 

As quite the OC and paranoid person I am, I immediately washed the clothes. Especially the ones that I bought from Tabora-Divisoria. 
I washed mine with Perla since a Pediatrician said it's very friendly for baby's clothes. 

All of these came from my savings/allowance. 
I actually managed to go to the mall without buying anything for myself -- considering, I'm obsessed with clothes and shoes!
Your baby is everything. Priorities and lifestyle choices will eventually change. And trust me, it's all fun and gonna be worth it :)

Can't wait for my baby girl to wear the clothes I bought for her! Hihi.

No comments:

Post a Comment